Witryna internetowa Better Collective
Better Collective is the world’s biggest sports data aggregator. We are producing outstanding sports betting content and iGaming products that go far beyond the usual standards.
You will join a skilled international team of 50+ developers, working with colleagues from Lodz, Krakow, Niš, Thessaloniki, and the US, which are at the moment expanding the circle of programmers.
We develop web applications related to sports such as BettingExpert, HLTV, SmartBets, RotoGrinders, and VegasInsider.
We work with the Scrum methodology, where every programmer has the opportunity to develop independent projects and have a real impact on our unique products.
WHAT ARE YOUR DAILY TASK
- You will use a tech stack including TDD, Behat, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, GraphQL,
- Design, develop & maintain code for our platforms to enhance the excellent experience for our users,
- Keep the standards for producing high-quality code,
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security,
- As a programmer, you’ll also be responsible for reviewing the code of others in your team,
- Together with your team, you will be delivering releasable increments of the software,
- You will work with your team members from Lodz, Vienna, or Niš,
- Take part in meetings – technical, discussion about architecture and tools we use,
- Meet your team – spend time with us, have chats in the office, or join the team’s calls.
STACK AND TOOLS
- Microservice architecture,
- Backend: PHP (Symfony, Laravel, Slim), Node.js + GraphQL,
- Storages: Postgresql, MongoDB, Elastic Search, and Redis,
- Frontend: Angular 10 (SSR + CSR), Webcomponents,
- TDD/BDD, CI/CD (Github, Codeship, AWS),
- Vagrant for local development,
- JIRA for project management,
- defined release process.
HOW DO WE WORK?
- We speak English a lot!
- We work in small cross-functional, multinational teams per product. Each team has dedicated Frontend devs, Backend devs, DevOps QA, PO, and SM,
- We work in Scrum (1 or 2-week sprints). Each contains meetings for task refinement, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective and daily.
- Organize Regular cross-team meetings such as „Backend developers meeting” and „Frontend developers meeting” where we talk about our challenges and set up goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- In-depth professional experience as a PHP developer,
- Test the code using unit tests and Behat,
- Object-oriented programming and design patterns,
- Strong experience in minimum one of the PHP frameworks (we use Symfony, Laravel, and Slim),
- Very good knowledge of SQL databases,
- Linux, at least in terms of webdev,
- Know how to write clean and refactor the worse code,
- Test the code using unit tests,
- Experience in REST API,
- Knowledge of GIT,
- English on the medium level.
- NoSQL databases – we use MongoDB,
- message queues – we use RabbitMQ,
- TypeScript + Node.JS + GraphQL,
- You’re interested in programming for mobile
- Projects closely related to sport, largely to football,
- Flexible working hours, the possibility of partial remote work,
- Height-adjustable desks, 2x 27″ external monitors, MacBook Pro/Lenovo ThinkPad – 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, additional equipment of your choice,
- Regular team calls – internal and technical,
- Scrum study group,
- Private life insurance for you (Allianz),
- Health insurance for you and your family (Allianz),
- Pre-paid Edenred card to co-finance your lunch (in the office or at home),
- Office supplies, food/snacks/sweets & drinks in the office,
- x-box & foosball table in the office.
3-step online interview:
1) (~1h) Meeting with Tech Team Leader
– personality test (~25min)
3) (~1h) Feedback and overview
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in being our true, unconventional selves and treat each other with respect, just as we would with friends. We know that every person matters and that diverse teams help us make better products for our users. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories, nationalities, religions, backgrounds, ways of thought, etc.